Currently needs calculator topics are not loaded - we haven't reinstated the facility to set and assess these questions differently (whilst keeping rest of questions NC)
By November 2023 a huge number of layers, 24% more, will be added.
The work of adding the learning for resources for these has begun in September 2023.
See these new layers by seeing the FDPR, algebra etc documents in the blue bar
abbreviations used in topic names
d.p. = decimal place
FDPR = fraction, decimal, percentage, ratio
MMMRQ = mean, median, mode, range, quartiles
SIGfig = significant figures
NC = no calculator questions
YC = calculator encouraged
Types of resources
There are 3 types of learning resource specific to each layer (deliberately small "bite") of learning on a topic
- teach-learn - example questions for the teacher to use to teach
- practise-learn - a worksheet of practice questions (with fold over / cut off /separate answers) for the learner to practise what they have just learned
- timely practice - is only available via the timely practice app. The app sophisticatedly and responsively schedules practice questions to increase the recall-ability of learning by the learner.
There are 2 types of planning resources putting each topic in context for the teacher
- topic sample: which shows a typical question for each layer within the topic (found below the heading on each topic page)
- topic theme overview: which gives a brief description of every layer with the topic theme (found by clicking the topic theme heading in the blue bar above)