Why? embedding learning is the primary purpose of the timely practice app. Learners regularly - at least 3 times per week - doing their personalised timely practice assignments, embed their learning more deeply and more quickly than their peers. See also create a pre assess assignment.
(See Why retrieval practice? for more information on this)
Steps to follow - in words
When the teacher asks the app to create a timely practice assignment, the app looks to see if each learner has layers that are ready - that is have been waiting long enough. (See below on how layers are added in timely practice)
- Go to the class' home page - a short cut can be to click on the classname in the header Home / Classes / classname / ...
Click the Create Assignments button from the class' home page.
- Sometimes the teacher will want to know how many layers are available to go into each learners timely practice assignment - the easiest time to find out is now - see the column Layers due now below the assignment options.
Choose the correct assignment options (see priority if lateness box at bottom of this page)
Create a Classwork Assignment
Create a Homework Assignment
|Type||timely practice Classwork||Type||timely practice Homework|
|Assignment Format||Low stakes (regular)||Assignment Format||Low stakes (regular)|
|Due Date||date of lesson||Due Date||date homework due|
|Up to ||15 timely practice questions||Up to ||15 timely practice questions|
The number 15 can be changed, but the default is set at 15 as this works well for most situations.
How layers are added in timely practice
- When the teacher assess a learner's pre assess assignment - if the learner is found to "know already" the layer(s) they are added
- When the teacher sets layers that they have taught in the lesson as "taught" set a layer to "taught"
See pre assess and teach: options to begin this process.
Priority of lateness
- Classwork: fragile first - for when the teacher is available to help the learner.
- Homework: fragile last - to ensure homework contains questions the learner is most likely to be able to do independently.
See priority of lateness for full details.